Monday, May 12, 2008

No problems leaving Yangon


I returned to Hong Kong last night via Macau.

Thank you for your kind e-mails, prayers and comments.

Myanmar's security at the airport had no idea they were letting a journalist through. I hid my photos in my carry-on just in case.

The problem in Myanmar (also known as Burma) is not getting out, but getting in.

U.S. relief aid has just been authorized to enter the country.

Look for more photos, stories and insight into the crisis in Myanmar soon.

*Debris from Cyclone Nargis litters Myanmar's capitol of Yangon. A young boy stands in front of a fallen billboard Monday, May 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica:
Glad you are out safe. Cool that CBS News used your photo of the kids waiting for rice and gave you and the AP credit this morning.
Love
Pops

Chris Collins said...

Wow, Jessica, amazing timing. I hope you are safe and doing well. Travel carefully. I look forward to hearing about what you're seeing going on there. Is it as bad as the reports I've been reading? 2 mil w/o food/water and bodys floating down the rivers?

Reporting from Asia headlines